A Satisfied customer says
Placed an order today and the person taking the order was very professional and very fast.
He evn gave me an additional discount. I really like my experience with your company, please keep up the great job!
Terms & Conditions|
IN PARTICULAR WE DRAW YOUR ATTENTION TO CLAUSE 20 BELOW WHERE WE LIMIT OUR LIABILITY TO YOU.
You should retain a copy of these terms for future reference.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
- The Goods and Services are provided (and/or promoted as per clause 6) by Rikoh Auto ("we/us/our").
- We are registered in Japan and Wales and have our registered office and main trading address at Rikoh Auto , 1-11-5, Osawacho, Tajimi, Japan.
- Our company number is registered in Gifu ,Japan as Rikoh Auto with site Japanpartonline.com.
- You acknowledge that:
- clause 5 does not apply unless you are purchasing Goods and/or Services by mail order or from our website (excluding click and collect)
as a consumer (in other words, other than in the course of a business, trade or profession) ("Consumer");
- clauses 12.2 to 12.3 and 13.6 to 13.8 (inclusive) do not apply unless you are purchasing Goods and Services in the course of a business,
trade or profession ("Business Customer"); and
- clause 12.4 does not apply unless you are purchasing Goods and Services as a Consumer (in other words, other than in the course of a
business, trade or profession) ("Consumer");
- By placing an order with us, you warrant that:
- you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
- if you are a Consumer, you are at least 18 years old;
- you are resident in the Japanese;
- the information you provide to us during the process of placing an order for Goods and/or Services is accurate, complete and not misleading.
Goods AND Services
- These terms and conditions apply to all sales of Goods and/or Services provided by us to you
- If you are purchasing Goods and/or Services via our website, Subject to clause 5, no contract for the supply of Goods and/or Services
(“Contract”) will come into existence until we despatch the Goods, send you an email confirming that your Goods have been despatched or start
performing the Services (whichever is the earlier).
- If you purchase Goods and/or Services by any means other than via our website, the Contract will not come into existence until either your
order (however given) is accepted by the earliest of our written acknowledgement of order, delivery of the Goods or performance of the Services.
- Each order for Goods and/or Services by you to us will be deemed to be an offer by you to purchase Goods and/or Services subject to these terms.
Each order placed by you to us for Goods and/or Services and accepted by us will constitute a separate contract.
- You must ensure that the terms of your order and any applicable specification are complete and accurate.
- These terms will be incorporated in the Contract to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. They supersede all prior dealings,
negotiations, representations or agreements between us in respect of the subject-matter of the Contract whether written or oral.
- No variation or amendment of this Contract will be valid unless in writing and signed by you and our authorised representative.
- All brochures, specifications, drawings, catalogues, particulars, shapes, descriptions and illustrations, application guides and information,
price lists and other advertising matter are intended only to present a general idea of the Goods and Services described in them.
- We reserve the right to deliver Goods of a modified design provided that any difference does not make the Goods unsuitable for any purpose you
have made known to us.
- The Goods will conform in all material respects to any sample provided to and accepted by us. The Goods and Services will conform in all
material respects with any specification provided to and accepted by us. We reserve the right to amend any design or specification without prior
notification provided that it does not adversely affect the performance of the Goods and Services.
- All Goods supplied by us are subject to availability. We reserve the right in the event that we cannot supply you with the Goods that you have
ordered, to supply you with substitute goods of equivalent or matching quality. In the event that you do not accept such substitute goods, we shall
arrange and be responsible for the cost of collecting such substituted goods from you; subject to the goods being in the condition as provided at
clause 5.3.2 and 15.1.3
- We retain all copyright and title to all documentation relating to Goods delivered to you by us. This documentation may only be used for the
purposes intended in the Contract and not for any other purpose without our permission. It must be returned on demand.
- Technical specifications are approximations unless specifically stated otherwise.
- You will not remove, alter, deface, obfuscate or tamper with any of the trade marks, names or numbers affixed to or marked on the Goods nor
allow anyone else to do so.
- If the Goods are manufactured in accordance with any design or specification provided or made by you, you will compensate us in full on demand
for all claims, expenses and liabilities of any nature in connection with them, including any claim, whether actual or alleged, that the design or
specification infringes the rights of any third party.
- We prohibit the audio or video recording of on-site professional or technical Services, or training and consultancy without the prior written
consent of us.
Clause 5 only applies if you are a Consumer AND purchasing Goods and/or Services by mail order or from our website. Where you use our click and
collect facility, your purchase will take place instore and this clause 5 shall not apply.
Promotions and Incentives
- In accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 you may cancel a Contract at any time within 7 working days, beginning on the day
after you receive the Goods (the “Cooling off Period”). If you want to cancel the Contract within this Cooling-Off Period a refund, (or if you
require an exchange or replacement) will be provided in accordance with our refunds policy at clause 15 and clause 5.3 below. Without prejudice
to clause 15.1.3 and clause 15.3, we also extend your entitlement to a refund if your notification (as per clause 5.3) is provided within 21 days
after the Cooling-Off Period has lapsed, otherwise in the event that notification is given after the expiry of this time period, then save as where
Goods are defective we reserve the right to issue only an exchange or replacement.
- The right of cancellation at clause 5.1 does not apply to any Goods personalised, made to your specification or to Goods supplied in accordance
with our promotions and incentives which is further detailed at clause 6 below.
- To cancel a Contract, you must:
- inform us in writing;
- return the Goods to us, in the same condition in which you received them with the original packaging and the product documentation,
and at your own cost and risk. The Goods must not have been used and, where applicable, must not have been removed from the sealed clear
packaging. This includes electrical items, which are supplied in sealed clear packaging; and
- provide proof of purchase in the form of our invoice for the original supply of such Goods. If in the event an invoice is unavailable,
a bank or credit card statement may suffice at our sole discretion.
- ECP shall have no liability for incorrect Goods purchased by you online for foreign registered cars once the Cooling-Off Period lapses.
To minimise the purchase of any incorrect Goods we advise that customers with foreign registered vehicles call our specialist sales staff
on 0123 456 7890 or send an email to email@example.com, who will offer guidance to customers and confirm that any Goods are
correct prior to purchase.
- You may also cancel an order for Services by calling the telephone number notified to you, within 7 working days of the date of purchase,
unless the Services begin sooner, in which case your right to terminate ends upon the date when performance of the Services starts.
- Nothing in this clause affects your statutory rights.
- On occasions we will offer promotional and discount codes herein described as 'Promotional Codes' (including without limitation discounts,
offers, promotions, prize draws, voucher codes, competitions etc) via different channels to new and/or existing customers.
- By using any Promotional Code, you are agreeing to the following;
- General Terms of usage
- A Promotional Code may only be redeemed online at our website www.japanpartsonline.com. Discounts and/or free items cannot be redeemed
in store unless expressly advertised.
- A Promotional Code cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion. Only one Promotional Code can be used per
- A Promotional Code is redeemed by entering such code at the appropriate point on the online purchase order process for a qualifying
- A Promotional Code is not exchangeable for cash and is not to be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotions.
The Promotional Code cannot be used for the purchase of gift vouchers and/or gift cards.
- The Promotional Codes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- The Promotional Codes are not available to employees of Japan Car Parts Limited or any other associated companies.
- We accept no responsibility for Promotional Codes that are illegible, lost, delayed or damaged during any such promotion, on any media
or channel delivered via or electronically on the website. Promotional Codes not submitted in accordance with these Terms, or incomplete,
illegible, expired or otherwise defective shall be rejected and/or disqualified and our decision is final.
- By entering any such Promotional Code, all participants agree to participate in any publicity arising from any awards, free offers etc
and we reserve the right to feature the name, photograph and location of the participant in any future marketing materials, website
publications, promotions or competitions and you consent to the same.
- By entering any such Promotional Code, your personal data will be held by Japan Car Parts Limited for the purpose of administering any
Promotional Code and contacting you in relation to the same.
- Period Of Use
- A Promotional Code is only valid during the period identified and on the dates and for the products specified in the media it was delivered in.
- If no period is specified above, the Promotional Code shall be valid for no longer than 3 days from launch.
- We reserve the right to (i) cancel or withdraw any Promotional Code, (ii) refuse to allow any customer to participate in the
Promotional Code, (iii) decline to accept orders where, in its opinion the Promotional Code is invalid for the order being placed (iv)
exclude any single or group of products from any general promotion (such excluded products can be found during the online order process
at the relevant checkout stage upon entry of the Promotional Code, or prior to your purchase by emailing:firstname.lastname@example.org)
and (v) amend this clause 6 (and we will use reasonable endeavours to notify changes to participants).
- Returns of products or cancellation of order
- In the case of a free item being offered, all items are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute such free item
for any reason, for that of similar quality and value.
- In the case of a returned order, any free items must be returned as new, at the same time in its original packaging and the product
documentation, with proof of the Promotional Code used and at your own cost and risk. The Goods must not have been used and, where
applicable, must not have been removed from the sealed clear packaging. This includes electrical items, which are supplied in sealed
clear packaging. Failure to return the item as new, or in part, whole or at all, then we reserve the right to deduct the full price of
the free part from your credit.
- In the case of a credited part or order, only the amount paid (less the cost of any free item if applicable) will be credited.
- Where the redemption of a Promotional Code is subject to a minimum spend requirement, redemption is only permitted in respect of the
purchase of the qualifying products (as communicated to you when issuing the Promotional Code).
- Where a Promotional code has been communicated via email the Promotional Code is non-transferable and the email address provided
with the order must be the same as the email address to which the Promotion was sent.
- Where there is any conflict in this clause 6 with any other terms whatsoever attached to any other advertising material in respect
of such Promotional Code, this clause 6 shall apply. This clause 6 shall only apply to Promotional Codes and Goods or Services purchased
by you using such Promotional Codes and the remaining clauses shall continue to apply otherwise.
- Subject to clause 7.2, the prices of the Goods and Services will be as quoted in our marketing literature from time to time except in
cases of error (see clause 7.2.2). The prices may be altered at any time without notification to take into account any increase in our costs
(including but not limited to the cost of materials, labour, transport or other overheads, any tax, duty or variation in exchange rates).
- For Goods and Services purchased via our website, the price you pay is the price displayed on this website at the time we receive your
order apart from the following exceptions:
- For Goods reserved online via our click and collect facility or via any other reservation service the price you pay is the
price on the day of collection;
- While we try and ensure that all our prices on our website are accurate, some prices may be incorrectly listed. If we discover an error
in the price of the Goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the Goods at the correct price. We are under
no obligation to provide Goods or Services to you at an incorrect, lower price, even after we have acknowledged your order or despatched the
Goods or started performance of the Services. If we cannot contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled. If payment has been made and
you wish to cancel your order, you will receive a full refund of the price paid.
- Where there is no error in our pricing as per clause 7.2.2 or otherwise, the prices that you pay for the Goods and Services will be those ruling
(in the case of Goods) at the date of despatch of the Goods or (in the case of Services) our confirmation of the start date of the Services.
- We list prices as both inclusive and exclusive of VAT. All prices are exclusive of any other sales tax or duty that may be applicable which
will be payable in addition to the price unless otherwise stated.
- Unless otherwise specified, if you are a Business Customer, prices quoted include delivery to destinations in the Japanese and we will
select the mode of transport. The entire cost of any other mode of transport which you may specify will be borne by you, as will delivery to
locations outside of the Japanese. If you are a Consumer, the delivery costs will be quoted at the time you place your order for Goods.
- In case of small orders we will be entitled to make a minimum order charge or to add a surcharge for delivery, details of which will be
provided to you at the time of order acknowledgement.
- No allowance will be credited for Goods collected from our premises by you rather than delivered by us.
- Unless otherwise stated all quotations are valid only for 30 days from their date of publication.
- If you hold a credit account with us, payment of invoices will be made in full to us without deductions or set-off in accordance with the
payment terms notified by us to you or if no such terms are advised, not later than the 20th day of the following month after the invoice date.
You guarantee your creditworthiness in placing an order. If after confirmation of the order by us, doubts arise as to your creditworthiness, then
all payments will become due immediately unless adequate security can be offered by you.
- Where you do not hold a credit account with us, payment of invoices will be made in full to us without deductions or set-off in
cash/guaranteed cheque/credit or debit card when order is placed or on delivery.
- We reserve the right to charge a credit card surcharge if you elect to pay us by credit card.
- Payments by credit or debit card will only be accepted where the card holder is present in person at our premises or where the card in
question has been verified on our website.
- Without prejudice to any other rights that we may have (including the right to suspend any further deliveries or installation), if you fail
to pay the invoice price by the due date we may charge you interest on any overdue amount from the date of which payment was due to that on which
it is made (whether before or after judgment) on a daily basis in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 and
reimburse to us all costs and expenses (including legal costs) incurred in the collection of any overdue amount.
- All cheques provided to us by customers who do not hold a credit account with us are approved for acceptance by our appointed agents.
In the event of a cheque not clearing by our bank and being represented or returned to the drawer, our appointed agents shall contact you and
will charge a fee of a minimum of US$75 for each cheque so returned to cover bank charges and administration costs. Our agents may apply additional
charges and/or vary their charges from time to time and any charges applied will have to be paid by you. For all cheques provided to us by customers
with credit accounts, which when cashed by us, are not cleared by our bank and are being represented or returned to the drawer, we shall charge US$25
for each cheque so returned to cover our bank and administration charges. To avoid the aforementioned charges we advise that you have the sufficient
and cleared funds in your account when making any payment to us.
- The Goods are delivered to you when we make them available to you at a delivery point agreed by us.
- Time of delivery will not be of the essence and any delivery date is an estimate only. We will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid
late deliveries. You will have the right to cancel any order without liability to us if delivery is more than 30 days late.
This clause 10.2 sets out your only remedy for such delay.